Eoin Sheehan’s Pasta Alla Boscaiola
Pasta Alla BoscaiolaAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 180g penne pasta (any shell pasta)
- 150g mixed mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 150g bacon
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 200ml cream
- Parsley to garnish
- Fresh parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Finely chop the onion and add it in a non-stick pan with the cubed bacon, fry for 2-3 minutes. The bacon fat should be enough to sauté the onion, but you can add a drizzle of oil if necessary.
- Meanwhile, chop all the mushrooms and then add them to the pan. Add also the tomato paste to caramelise. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions (6min). Drain it 1-2 minutes before it’s ready to finish cooking in the sauce.
- Add the cream to the sauce and a few tablespoons of the Pasta water. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the pan with the sauce to finish cooking and absorb all flavours.
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley on top and some grated Parmesan cheese