Moroccan Chicken Stew. Recipe sponsored by Carol’s Stock Market
Moroccan Chicken StewAdd to My Cookbook
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 cloves Garlic, sliced
- Thumb size piece Fresh Garlic, grated
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 4 or 5 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Lemon, thickly sliced
- Handful Green Olives
- 250ml Carol’s Chicken Stock
- Handful Dried Apricots
- 1 Red Chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 150g Green Beans, cut in half
- Sea Salt Flakes & Black Pepper
- Fresh Coriander
- Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- Toasted Almond Flakes
- 250ml Carol’s Stock Market Chicken Stock
- 200g Couscous
- ½ tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- Heat a generous drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, up to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cinnamon and paprika, stir through the onion and cook for about 1 minute. Push onion aside and place chicken thighs in the pan, skin-side down. Cook until skin is golden. Stir the onion around occasionally to avoid burning.
- Turn chicken thighs over then add lemons slices, olives, Carol’s chicken stock, tomato paste, apricot and chilli (if using).
- Reduce heat to medium low, place lid on the pot and leave to simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Remove lid, add the green beans and increase heat to medium then cook further 10-12 minutes until green beans are tender and liquid has reduced slightly.
- While green beans are cooking, heat Carol’s chicken stock in a large jug in the microwave or in a pot on the stove just until it’s been brought to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in dry couscous and salt. Cover with clingfilm or lid and leave to sit for about 10 minutes. Once all the stock has been absorbed, fluff couscous with a fork.
- Season stew to taste then serve garnished with torn fresh coriander, flat leaf parsley and toasted almond flakes. Serve with couscous.