Shane Smith’s Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Sandwiches. If you are looking for the perfect festive treat to try out with the kids or even if you are looking for a delicious edible gift idea then these delicious cookie sandwiches are the answer. These are really simple to make but give that wow factor.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies SandwichesAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 185g caster sugar
- 60g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 180g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g icing sugar
- 200g soft butter
- 200g icing sugar
- Dash vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 190°C / 170°C Fan / Gas 5 / 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the caster sugar, cocoa powder and oil and mix for 2-3 minutes until all is combined.
- To this add the egg and mix until smooth and shiny.
- Add the sieved plain flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Divide the cookie batter into 16, roll into balls and gently roll in the dish of icing sugar to coat.
- Place the cookies on the lined trays and then into the centre of your preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once baked, allow to cool on a wire rack.
- For the buttercream filling, simply whip the butter, vanilla and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Place this into a piping bag and pip on the base of 8 cookies, place another cookie on top to sandwich and serve.