Our Chilli Con Carne recipes is a firm family favourite. We have made a mild version however to make it a little spicer just add extra chilli powder. This recipe is great for freezing and batch cooking. You can use the chilli con carne for loaded nachos or stuffed sweet potatoes. It is such a versatile meal.
Chilli Con CarneAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 500g lean minced beef (5%-10% fat)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander
- 300ml chicken stock
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 50-100g corn (1/2 tin)
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Rice to serve
- Sour cream to serve
- Flat leaf parsley to serve
- Place a large non stick frying pan on a medium heat and add some oil. Add the beef onions and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin and coriander. Fry until cooked through.
- Add in the stock, tinned tomatoes, kidney beans and mix through. Add corn, tomato puree and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat and cook for 30-40 mins until it has reduced and thickened. Season with salt and pepper
- Serve over rice with some sour cream and flat leaf parsley.