Carol’s Stock Market Chickpea Tagine. A great family meat free family meal.
Chickpea TagineAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2x (400g) tins chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 40g sultanas
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper
- Plain or Greek style yoghurt (or suitable alternative)
- Fresh mint or flat leaf parsley
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add a drizzle of olive oil, lower heat to medium then add the spices. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally, then add the garlic and shallots. Cook until onions are soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add drained chickpeas, carrots, sultanas and vegetable stock. Stir to combine and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Cover pan and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Check for seasoning and add more salt if needed. Serve tagine with dollops of yoghurt and roughly chopped mint or flat leaf parsley. Make sure to have some crusty bread to mop up the delicious juices!