Cheesy Broccoli & Chicken Pasta Bake. This is a delicious main dish but can also be served as a tasty side! This recipe is sponsored by Carbery Cracker
Cheesy Broccoli & Chicken Pasta BakeAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 500g chicken mini fillets
- Salt & pepper
- 1l milk
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised (optional)
- 500g dried fusilli or penne pasta
- 350g broccoli florets
- 75g butter
- 75g plain flour
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 200g grated Carbery Cracker Red cheese, divided
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Season the chicken mini fillets then add to the pan and cook through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then add the pasta and cook following the pack’s instructions. Add the broccoli florets for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Drain once pasta is cooked.
- While pasta and broccoli are cooking, add milk and garlic to a small saucepan, bring to the boil then remove from heat and set aside to allow the garlic to infuse.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan sitting over medium heat then stir in the flour. Cook for about 1-2 minutes. Remove the garlic from the milk then slowly pour the milk into the flour and butter mix whisking as you pour. Cook over medium / medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Add nutmeg then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in about 2/3 of the grated cheese. Add the cooked chicken, pasta and broccoli, toss to coat. Pour into a large baking dish then scatter over the remaining cheese. Grill in the oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.