Beef Rib Roast served with Carol’s Stock Market Beef Bone Broth Gravy.
Beef Rib RoastAdd to My Cookbook
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Beef Rib Roast Joint
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 heads Garlic, cut in half horizontally
- Bunch fresh Rosemary
- Small bunch Fresh Thyme
- 2-3 Tbsp Beef Drippings
- Serve with: Carol’s Stock Market Beef Bone Broth Gravy Favourite Sides
- Remove beef rib roast joint from the fridge and leave at room temperature for about an hour to remove the chill.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C/200°C fan assisted. Line a large roasting dish with parchment paper (optional, but it helps with clean-up) and place herbs and garlic, cut side up, in the dish near the centre.
- While oven is heating, heat a large pan on medium high heat. Season joint all over with sea salt and cracked black pepper. When pan is hot, add a drizzle of olive oil then sear joint on all sides (just enough to add colour to the meat, about a minute on each side). Remove sealed joint from pan and place on bed of herbs and garlic in the prepared roasting tray.
- Place in pre-heated oven and roast for 20 minutes, then drop the temperature to 160°C / 140°C fan assisted. Continue roasting. For medium, cook for 20 minutes per 450g. For rare, 15 minutes per 450g.
- Place beef drippings on top of joint so it melts over as it cooks when there’s about 20 minutes left of cooking time. Once cooked to your liking, remove from oven and cover with a piece of tinfoil and leave to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- While roast is resting, empty jar of beef bone broth gravy into a small pot and place over medium heat. Stir occasionally while heating until gravy is steaming.
- Serve beef roast with your favourite sides and a generous smothering of beef bone broth gravy.