Sharon Hearne Smith The No Cook Cookbook. Combining beef and blueberries in a salad might sound unusual, but they make a surprisingly happy couple. The vinegar in the dressing cuts through the sweetness of the fruit, while the distinctive taste of feta pulls everything together. Try to source good-quality beef slices that are nice and pink – the meat in the photo is spiced beef. Speaking of happy couples, this is a great starter for a romantic meal or dinner party – just increase the quantities if you’ve got guests. If not eating straight away, keep the dressing separate until ready to serve.
Beef Blueberry & Feta SaladAdd to My Cookbook
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 125g blueberries
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 x 215g can chickpeas
- 75g mixed salad leaves
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
- 25g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 125g cooked beef slices
- 100g feta cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ESSENTIAL KIT: Mini-blender
- Place half the blueberries in a mini-blender with the oil, redcurrant jelly and vinegar. Blitz until as smooth as possible.
- Season to taste.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place them in a large bowl with the remaining blueberries, the salad leaves, mint and hazelnuts. Chop or tear the beef into bite-sized pieces if necessary and add to the bowl. Give everything a good toss.
- Divide between serving plates or bowls and crumble the feta cheese on top. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.