Catherine Fulvio’s new online cookery school is now offering a complete online learning experience.
Catherine and the team at Ballyknocken have been working tirelessly to bring the magic of the Ballyknocken Cookery School to your very own kitchen. So no matter where you are in the world, you can watch, read, listen, learn and cook along at your leisure.
All course have specific learning objectives and offer a podcast; tips; recipes; videos and Catherine’s #CookwithCuriosity information corner where you can learn about conversion charts, knife skills and food waste management making it one of the most comprehensive online culinary learning platforms in Ireland.
So if you are looking for help with the Christmas dinner or a gift for the aspiring chef in your home look no further!
Gift vouchers are available for all courses on Catherine’s online Cookery School choose from some of Ballyknocken Cookery School’s best sellers such as Fab Mains and Desserts, Baking or an Italian themed cookery courses (from €49.00) or choose the Cooking Essentials course for young adults in your family to help inspire a love of food and provide the opportunity to learn cooking as a life skill (€140.00).
Gift Vouchers are available for all courses on www.catherinefulvio.com #CatherineFulvioOnlineCooking #CookwithCuriosity
Here is a delicious festive recipe to whet your appetite, Catherine’s Chocolate Ganache Tart. You can watch Catherine make this festive favourite on our IGTV on Sunday 6th December at 11am.
Chocolate Ganache Tart
Serves 8 to 10
For the base
- 20 biscuits, crushed (about 250g)
- 100g melted butter
- A pinch ground ginger
- For the chocolate ganache filling
- 500ml cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp coffee beans
- 40g butter
- 350g dark chocolate chips
- Star biscuits, to decorate
- Red, white and gold sprinkles, to decorate
- Generously brush a 23cm loose base flan tin with melted butter.
- To prepare the base, place the crushed ginger biscuits in a bowl and add the melted butter and a pinch of ground ginger. Mix well and then place in the flan tin. Spread out evenly, up the sides of the flan tin.
- To prepare the chocolate filling, place the cream, sugar and coffee beans in a saucepan to warm through and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Using a sieve, pour the warm milk onto the chocolate and butter. Discard the coffee beans.
- Cover the bowl and leave for 5 minutes so that the chocolate will melt.
- Using a spatula mix together the chocolate and cream and pour into the biscuit base.
- Leave in the fridge overnight to set.
- When ready to serve, loosen the flan tin and place on a cake stand, decorate with little star biscuits on the side and add a few red, white and gold sprinkles.